1.9.09

September 09 Goals

Happy September all you beautiful people! In honor of a new month and a new season (fall happens to be my fav.), I've decided to try something new, which I borrowed from Margarita at Ramblings of a Fab Brunette.


FYI- This is the first blog I started reading, back before I had my own and I love it! The name "Fab" DOES NOT do it justice, so be sure to pay Margarita a visit and see for yourself.

Alright, no more stalling... lets see what I have cookin for September...
  • Actually get up when my alarm goes off. R and I have really terrible habit of pressing snooze oh about-- 16 times every morning, hence the alarm goes off at 5:40am (see goal 2) and we don't leave the house until 8:10am. So, this month I am going to try and force myself to become a morning person.
  • Go to the gym 5x a week. Hopefully, 3 of these will be in the morning around 6:00am, which is the whole point of the alarm going off so early. R and I have a gym membership that we really suck at using. I've had enough and declared we are getting back into shape! (R's aiming for 3 times a week... he wants to "ease into it", BUM)
  • Read 2 Books. This is out of the norm for me because I read alot. But with the wedding right around the corner, I have a feeling I'm not going to be reading as much as I'd like.
  • Cook Dinner 4x a week. The other 3 days we will be feasting on dinner a la my mom, who happens to be a chef. Sharing a kitchen with that woman is truly painful. Everytime I try and make something its all "wrong! wrong! wrong!" Too much oil, not enough salt, and what's that I smell burning? I swear im not a complete tragedy in the kitchen, she just has very high standards.
  • Revamp mine and R's resumes. There are exciting things in the future... like applying for jobs in Florida and moving if we each land one. Plus, I need a place to put all the goodies I got from the bridal shower, and more importantly I need to get out of my parents house! The key to a good job is a good resume, any suggestions?

Well I think thats pretty good start, after the wedding when I can finally stop worrying about worrying I think it will be alot easier to focus on more goals. Until then, wish me luck loves!

sig

2 comments:

Meg said...

Just checked out Fab Brunette's page and loved it. The concept of monthly goals is brills! But 5 days of the gym each week?!! I'm unemployed and I don't even make it that much. Good luck :)

Eyes Wide Open said...

Love the gym goal!!! That is my goal as well...but I find 3 much more manageable!!! Keep the resume to the point and write a most wonderful AND specific to the position coverletter for each and every job you apply for.
You'll get the right one!
Good luck!