17.8.09

The Work Diaries- Enrty 1

I'm sitting at my desk at work. Its about 5000 degrees in the office. If I had balls, I would be "sweating them off right now."

But enough about my nonexistent sweaty balls. The real reason for this post is to express that I love answering the phone here. I love it so much that I have decided to chronicle my favorite work related expirences for all of you to see. I work for a property management company so I deal with alot of tenants/people trying to rent apartments/vendors/etc.. I am convinced that 99.9% of these people are crazy.
So without further ado, here is the first installment of THE WORK DIARIES.

(riiiiiiing) (riiiiiing)

ME: *** Properties, how can I help you?
GUY: "Hi im looking for an apartment, what are your requirements?"
ME: "We have a number of different properties avaliable, I can schedule you an appointment to see one. If there is an apartment you like, there is an application you would have to fill out. There is a $35 application fee which covers your credit check and background check.
GUY: Define background check.
ME: We do not accept anyone with any prior evictions or felonies.
GUY:"Well I have a felony on my record from 10 years ago, that's a long time."
ME:"I'm sorry sir, but you would not be eligible to rent from this company because of your record."

...SILENCE...

Then, out of no where this guy erupts with anger, calling me very colorful names and claiming that I am racist because I won't rent him an apartment. He proceeds to tell me that my racist behavior is worse than his felony and I should go to hell, and hangs up.

I love answering the phone here.

1 comment:

Meg said...

My mom works in a mortgage company that's next to a Marines recruiting office. One day, when the Marines office was closed, a hostile thug of a man walked into my mom's office (where she was alone at the time) and went all shades of crazy on her. Apparently, crazy doesn't qualify one to become a Marine.
People are crazy, for shiz.