23.12.09

Wake up in the Mornin feelin like P.Diddy

Hey People!
{loooong time no see}

Lots of things have been happening around here lately, hence the lack of communication. At lease now you know I'm alive.

Okay, where to begin... with a list I suppose, because I love them :)    Here's a glimpse of my December in no particular order...
  • No goals for December- So much to do and soooo little time. I guess the only goal was to make it out alive.
  • I sorta got promoted at work? I've been handling accounts receivable which basically means: sit at my desk and try not to stab myself with a letter opener because it sucks so bad. Actually, what I'm really responsible for is rent entry (over 1,600 units), collections, eviction, calls, sending out all different kinds of notices, and sooo much more. It's completely overwhelming because well, I only have 2 hands. I say its only a kind of promotion because I got no financial compensation. My bosses are dickheads {pardon my french} and keep telling me that I have to go through a trial period to see if I'm a good fit for the position- translation: we don't want to pay you any more money for as long as we possible can. Needless to say I'm frustrated, angry, slacking off because i'm frustrated and angry, bitter, pissed off- you probably get it. The best part is its a mess- NO ORGANIZATION- and I'm supposed to fit it for $9 an hour. Yep, FUCK YOU.
  • On to Happier things... R and I recently made an addition to our family! We now have a very large orange cat. A few Sundays ago, R woke up and decided he wanted a kitten. I made a face {picture yourself trying to eat a lemon... it looked like that} I'm allergic to cats, and I generally dislike them. After talking about it all morning, I finally caved. We stopped at the local animal shelter and fell in love with 2 adorable kittens ($75 per kitten) that were both under foster care, which means that their adoption would have to be approved by their "foster parents". We filled out applications for the kitties and we told the foster moms that we were planning on buying a house. They were concerned the kittens would be put under alot of stress with the move and blah blah blah. While they didn't deny us, they successfully pissed me off-- which resulted in another big FUCK YOU. Instead of dealing with those idiots, we went to the APL, which had no kittens... mostly adult cats. We walked around and I fell in love with Maze- 3 year old orange long haired tabby with me most beautiful golden eyes. Hes mellow, sweet, soft, smells good, basically amazing. The APL prolifes all their animals and he's classified as a "personal assistant" which is exactly how I would describe him. Did I mention he cost us $20?  Suck on That Parma Animal Shelter.
  • We didn't send out Christmas Cards because I was too lazy to write them out, and because I still haven't done our wedding thank you's (bad bad bad) Call me the grinch, I guess.
  • Christmas shopping is complete! Coolest gift I bought for someone this year: Twilight and New Moon in POLISH for Hanna (my mom) She's been talking about seeing the movies, but everyone knows the books are better! They are en route from a Polish bookstore in Chicago as we speak :)
  • I still have a ton of baking to do today :(
  • Somewhere in between last Christmas and present I acquired some serious gift wrapping skills, big improvement from last years gifts... they looked pretty terrible.
  • IM LOOKING FOR A NEW JOB-- hire me!
  • I hearby advise everyone not to waste money on college.... you'll never be able to afford your student loans-- anyone know a someone whose still consolidating?
  • I've gotten really fat since the wedding... absolutely no modivation to change it, just disgust when I look in the mirror.
  • I need to write more in Jan.
  • If you have the opportunity to make your own wine, do it- soo much fun!
  • I really really really want a house, and all my bills to disappear.
I think that about covers it.
Miss you all and talk to you very soon!

3 comments:

Julianne Hendrickson said...

I LOVE THIS POST! Especially the label! :) Hysterical! We made our own batch of beer this month and it will be ready christmas day!! very exciting...wine is next on the list! Cats are so easy and so fun to be around---most of the time. Ours acts like a dog 95% of the day, the other 5% she is sleeping. Have a very Merry Christmas!!

Melissa said...

thanks for your comment! :)
sorry to hear about your "promotion" without a raise! i hope you can find another job asap!!

aileen said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Alena

http://grantsforeducation.info